Special Needs Planning

Sometimes people have family members who suffer from physical or mental disabilities from which they are now and will always be unable to care for themselves. If you have someone in your family who is in this category, you have special estate planning concerns.

People who have children or other family members who have disabilities want to make certain that they receive the appropriate care when they are no longer able to provide that care. In these circumstances, an outright bequest or gift to the disabled individual is probably not feasible or appropriate.

Our firm can provide you with the counseling and expertise you need to assure you that your loved ones will be provided for to the extent of your ability once you have died or become incapacitated yourself. We can assist you in creating a trust for your loved one which will provide him or her with the benefits of your bequest, while allowing them to still receive governmental benefits to which they are entitled. We will help you make certain that provisions are in place to assure the proper care and financial resources are provided to your loved one when you are no longer able to be that provider.

Contact Us via email or call our Bloomfield Hills office at 248-642-5535 or our Ortonville office at 248-627-2808.